Hello and Welcome from admin

Please use this area of the site to introduce yourself. Perhaos you are a tb sufferer or perhaps from the medical side, say hello here.
FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THE SITE HERE BUT QUESTIONS ON TB MUST BE ASKED IN APPROPIATE FORUM
Forum rules
FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THE SITE HERE BUT QUESTIONS ON TB MUST BE ASKED IN APPROPRIATE FORUM
auntiebi0tic
Site Admin

Hello and Welcome from admin

#1 Post by auntiebi0tic » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:51 pm

This site although very new is very old! TB and U (Tuberculosis and You) was first started in around 2001 till about 2008.
In the first week of Jan this year (2000) I decided to start again from scratch and begin again.
I first had TB in 1992 but sadly nothing has changed in the world of TB. The meds are as bad and the stigma just as terrible.
However a new decade should bring new hope and I for one am trying to make a one stop shop for those suffering and those wishing to learn about tuberculosis and associated mycobacterial disease.
i want to show there IS life after tb.
I hope others will help with helathy recipes, stories, news in fact anything to do with tuberculosis!
I also hope others will point out grammar and spelling mistakes as dyslexia is a terrible thing to have his you hope to be any sort of webmistress!

auntiebi0tic
Site Admin

Re: Hello and Welcome

#2 Post by auntiebi0tic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm

I am finding it sad the so little has changed. I began researching Tuberculosis over Christmas 2019 and found so little has changed.
I managed to find an archived version of my site from 2006 and am finding a lot still relevant. Lots of other disease appear to have made vast improvements. In fact the meds are still the same, same dosage as I took in 1992!

auntiebi0tic
Site Admin

Re: Hello and Welcome from admin

#3 Post by auntiebi0tic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm

I find it strange, very strange indeed that the side effects I suffered in 1992 are still being felt by patients today.
Nothing has changed. I just hope nurses and care givers are more sympathetic than they were in my time.

auntiebi0tic
Site Admin

Re: Hello and Welcome from admin

#4 Post by auntiebi0tic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Have moved on to the subject of Long Covid and have begun a Long Covid advice Support Forum here:
https://longcovid.tbandu.uk/forum/topic ... ronavirus/